Thursday, February 9, 2017

Loving on Wplus9 - Yes, and…

You know those days when you have a great plan? You have things to do and schedule everything, including a little time for playing with pets and dealing with teenagers, and life says, "NOPE!" That has been my week.

A friend of mine was supposed to be in a week long training session about an hour away from my house. She asked if I would watch her dog and I said, "yes," because my son and I absolutely love her dog. 

On Tuesday my son was running late for the bus and forgot his winter coat (a hoodie would be ok for a run to the bus stop). After school, he got home and couldn't get in the house because his house key lives in his coat. Instead of going to someone's house he protected himself against the wind by sitting in a small garden shed that's the size of 2 garden chairs and is only 4 feet tall. Kids! With time on his hands and nothing else to do he got his homework done. When I got home I told him he had me worried because he wasn't answering the phone. His apology, "I'm sorry for making you worry," was so sincere it warmed my heart.

Tuesday night I go to an improv class, during the conversation after class one of the other students told me I was really funny but I said, "no, but…" instead of, "yes, and…" I felt so bad. It's the first rule of improv this, "yes, and…" thing. I have kept that in mind all week.

Tuesday night when I got home from class my friend who is in training called and said, "I've broken my arm. Can you come get me and take me home?" I said, "yes" and…  I was on my way.  I headed out at 10:30 pm. I drove for an hour praying Google maps would get me where she was before the battery ran out on my phone. I got to the ER and sat with my friend while they poked and prodded and finally put her in a temporary cast. I took her back to her hotel because she was determined to go to the next day's training. Badass right? I headed home and walked in at 3 am.

Three hours later I woke up with dogs walking on me wanting to go out… NOW! I walked the little fuzz balls, made sure my son got up and off to school and went back to bed after texting work that I would be about an hour late. When I woke there was a reply saying, "nothing to do, take the day off." Whew! I went out to run a few errands that I had scheduled for after work and while on the road the phone rang. My friend's pain was too intense, she had not received pain meds in the ER the night before, "Can you take me to the local ER?"  I said, "yes" and…  I was on my way.  Seven hours later, after more X-rays, a new and improved cast, and a prescription for pain meds, I took her home. 

Why am I telling you all of this? 1) bloggers should share a bit about their personal life, be real. 2) I wanted to explain why you hadn't seen other Wplus9 creations this week. 3) I just needed to vent a bit. 

Because of all the aforementioned activities, you will be getting 3 cards instead of one today. Enjoy.


This card was made with scraps of paper from my stash. The banner of party hats and "happy birthday" sentiments were stamped with images from the Wplus9 set Unforgettable. The elephant was stamped on grey cardstock and colored with Copic markers. The party hats were stamped with Stampin' Up! inks and then filled in with an aquabrush. The splatters of ink were made by opening Mister Huey inks and tapping the spray pump instead of spraying it.


Party Animal

When I saw the giraffe from this set on Sandy Allnock's blog I knew I had to add him to my collection. The balloon felt like it wanted to lift this little guy so I let it. Everything here is colored with Copic markers except the blue sky. I created that with Distress ink.




Bubble Talk  and Party Animals


Combining Wplus9 stamp sets works so well because the images have the same feel and are well proportioned. Everything here is colored with Copic markers except the blue sky. I created that with Distress ink and a mask I made with a My Favorite Things Die. 


Happy Crafting,

No comments: